Direct dynamical problem solving for every type of waves
Direct problem solving for reflections from specified boundary in layer depth-velocity models is aimed at:
- wave identification (results of full-wave modeling are included);
- processing procedures testing;
- compensation of initial data geometry and processing procedures application effects;
- analysis of true reflection amplitudes, including analysis of results after processing;
- intra-bed multiples modeling.
You can create 2D or 3D models for the cases of anisotropy or gradient of velocity. This method is effective in case of reflection events recovery in complex models. It is also useful when you deal with uncertain zones of image after migration or when data geometry is irregular. To remove uncertainties it is suggested to create weave field model for the set of boundaries, e.g. to create the etalon. Then you can migrate the data using obtained etalon and use migration result for amplitude recovery.