Using horizons in processing
You may efficiently use horizons during processing for proven and valid results achieving.
Horizon usage is favorable in Prime. It caused by the fundamental part of Prime concept - layer- consistent parameterization of geological strata:
- Geological strata consist of layers;
- The boundaries between layers are continuous and smooth horizons without intersections;
- Layers can be wedge-shaped (i.e. have a zero thickness at some places);
- Layer boundaries can correspond to the significant contrasts of physical and lithological properties;
- Physical and lithological properties are slowly changing inside the layer in vertical and horizontal directions.
The parameterization by horizons is natural for user. Processing technology in Prime and all its tools combination is well-corresponding to the researcher`s way of thinking.
Horizons are used in program for significant tasks solving:
- Processing parameters are set correspondingly to the horizons. Horizons help to define the processing windows;
- Velocity analysis along horizons;
- Wavefield attributes are related to the horizons;
- Horizons configuration and position are closely related to the depth-velocity model, which can be specified during processing;
- Depth-velocity model is obtained for every profile along the set of horizons. It is well-tied between all profiles on the area in 3D model;
- Interactive layer-by-layer migration computation.