Wave field transformations
Prime allows you to significantly extend processing capability by direct and inverse wave field transformations application. Difficult seismic tasks such as multiples prediction, complex upper part compensation, depth-velocity model building, migration etc., require wave field transformation to achieve excellent results. Wave field transformation algorithms are built upon the Kirchhoff-type operator. After wave field transformation to the lower level based on the correct depth-velocity model we obtain new wave-field. The dynamical and kinematical parameters of this new wave field are corresponding to those wave field which can be observed directly on the transformation layer as if it was the day surface.
- Complex upper part compensation. It is a powerful tool for the cases of high-velocity anomalies presence in the upper part (for example, traps or permafrost);
- Layer reconstruction. It is applied when you have curvilinear configuration of layers and big velocity contrast in the upper part;
- Demultiple. Algorithm is efficient for multiples and especially intra-bed multiples attenuation;
- Depth-velocity model building. When you deal with non-hyperbolicity of travel time curves, you can simplify them by using wave field transformation;
- Depth imaging. Migration results can be affected by day surface configuration or curvilinear boundaries between layers with high velocity contrast. Wave field transformation is effective in this case;
- Correction of datum level. You can easily remove the parts of traces filled by zero, which are usually located before first breaks on marine seismic data. New datum can be chosen closely to the bottom. In this way one can simplify the wave field and triplications will disappear.